Friday, July 9, 2010

We've Got Our Visas

Yesterday Tim & I drove to Atlanta to the Colombian Consulate. We applied for, and received our Visas. It was one of the easiest things we've done, minus having to drive 3½ hours there & back. They had told us we would need to apply in person, & then they would Fed-ex our Visas back in 2-5 days. We handed the lady our stuff, she looked it over & said come back @ 1:00 & I will give you your Visas =) So, Tim & I hung out @ a local shopping center & bought GG a few things while we waited =)

We had left the house @6am. It was an easy smooth ride except for one moment on the way back. A ladder fell off of a truck ahead of us. There was a semi truck beside us, and it hit the ladder. That threw the ladder up in front of us. I slammed on my brakes & swerved "narrowly avoiding" the ladder & a MAJOR accident. To quote my sweet husband, he said "You were driving like speed racer!" I am grateful for God's protection!

We were home a little after 4pm, with yet another task complete! :)

Now the only thing left is our FBI clearance. I talked to a really nice lady on Wednesday @ the FBI. She said she would see if there was anything she could do. I am hoping to hear back from her by the first of next week. Thank you for your continued prayers. Just one week from tomorrow we will be in Colombia!!!

The day after we meet Gloria Grace is Colombia's Independence Day. I have been looking @ different web sites about it & I am so excited to be able to experience this while we are there. Check out this blog for pictures & information about it.

No comments: