Friday, July 16, 2010

Indescribable Swirl~ling Thoughts :)

Tomorrow morning can't get here fast enough. Monday morning either :) I've been wondering for the last 2 years what tonight would feel like. What it would be like when we were on our way to bring our precious Gift from God home. Well, that night is finally here, but I really have no idea how to describe it. There are so many thoughts going through my mind~~excitement, joy, & peace top the list. Many people have asked if I am nervous. Really, nervous is just not one of those feelings. God has blessed me with a peace that can only come from Him, and for that I am grateful.

I love thinking back over this 2+ year journey. Thinking about the first time I even thought about adopting. God pricked my heart with that thought way before we made the first phone call to Gladney. I think about all the times I would talk with my dear friend Gwen & she would say, " you know your on my hit list." Gwen & Scott played a huge part in helping Tim through some thoughts/doubts after God also pricked his heart to adopt. I started my day today hanging out with Gwen & 4 of her 6 kiddos. What a wonderful blessing that was.

This evening my mom made pizza & had us & my in-laws over for supper. It was such a nice day. From start to finish to be surrounded by wonderful people that love us, and Gloria Grace & have been praying for our journey. God just keeps on pouring out the blessings.

I am about to go to bed & attempt to put my swirl~ling excited mind to sleep :) Our flight leaves @ 11:15 & we'll be in Colombia @ 7:15pm tomorrow night! I know this post has been a little all over the place, but that is just the way my mind is rolling right now =) I will try to post some pictures on facebook everyday & I will post stories on here (probably not everyday, but I will do the best I can :)

Thank you all for your prayers for our family.

No comments: