1. When did you know that you were supposed to adopt?
Honestly, I do not know the exact date. God has been putting people, and their journeys in my path. He has been working on opening my eyes, and my families eyes about orphans for a while.
Tim & I have talked about it ever since our friend's The Oatsvall's brought Emily home from China. Well, I guess mostly I've talked about it, and God has worked more on Tim about it :o). This past summer, Tim finally let his guard down. As we walked by Izzy C. (another child in our church adopted from China) Tim asked me when we were going to get our little girl. Well, you just can't take that back :o) We contacted our social worker, found an agency, and here we are 2 pieces of paper away from completing our dossier--Praying for G.G.
2. What were you known for in high school?
I'd probably say swimming. My high school had a swim team for the first time my freshman year. I ended up swimming all four years of high school.
3. If money were no object, where would you visit, and why?
We would take a trip to Spain in the fall. We have had a foreign exchange student living with us since the end of July '08. I am already dreading her going home, and she doesn't leave until the first week of June. We have fallen in love with her. I would love to be able to go visit her, and meet her family.
4. What is your favorite "mom" memory with your kids?
This is a tough one. There are sooooooooo many.5. What is your most cherished item?
Family photos. I have not done a very good job of keeping them organized, or making albums. I have some of them in large under-the-bed totes, but one of my favorite things to do is get out old pictures. It's fun to think about "back in the day."
That was fun :o)
If you’d like to participate in this little “ask me anything” assignment, here are the rules for anyone else who wants to be interviewed…
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions, or leave you a comment on your blog w/the questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
On your marks. Get set. Go! Come on. You know you want to do it :oP