Thursday, January 22, 2009

Praying, Trusting, Leaning on Him.

So much has been going on lately. Things not only with adoption paperwork, but also with family and work. I've been feeling a little stressed. My attempt to do what is right doesn't always turn out exactly the way I thought it would, or should. It can be way too easy to simply get discouraged & throw my hands up, but then God is so good to send me a reminder of His control over EVERYTHING. As I sat down for my quiet time this morning, I read this in Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:

Strive to trust Me in more and more areas of your life. Anything that tends to make you anxious is a growth opportunity. Instead of running away from these challenges, embrace them, eager to gain all the blessings I have hidden in the difficulties. If you believe that I am sovereign over every aspect of your life, it is possible to trust Me in all situations. Don't waste energy on regretting the way things are or thinking about what might have been. Start at the present moment--accepting things exactly as they are--and search for My way in the midst of those circumstances.

Trust is like a staff you lean on, as you journey uphill with Me. If you are trusting in Me consistently, the staff will bear as much of your weight as needed. Lean on, trust, and be confident in Me with all your heart and mind.

Psalm 52:8; Proverbs 3:5-6
Thank you God for the many blessings you have given me, including the blessings that I allow to stress me. Grow me, and help me God to see the good that will come from them. Thank you for reminding me that You are always with me, and will make my path straight through them all. In Jesus name amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Kelly. We ALL need this reminder. Over and Over and Over again.
Thanks for sharing.
~ Linda