Saturday, July 31, 2010

2 Weeks In Colombia

We arrived in Colombia 2 weeks ago today. After waiting 2 years, we were finally getting to meet our Gloria Grace. Here is a very short recap of our two weeks :)

This is a few moments before they brought Gloria Grace to us. We were seriously giddy w/excitement & anticipation. It was only a few minutes, but it felt like forever.As the doctor was handing her to me, she was happily chewing on the little blankie we had sent in her care package.
Here we are on one of our outings. The mountains of Cali behind us. Gloria Grace's birthparents live in the mountains. I don't know which mountain area, but I think about them each time I see the mountains. I pray that they have peace about the decision they made, and that they would know how loved Gloria Grace is.
These are a couple of Gloria Grace's friends, from Chiquitines. They are also being adopted to families in the US. I thought that Gloria Grace was a "big" girl, but she's actually petite next to these boys :)
Coy & Seth have loved their sister for a long time. Over this 2 year journey, God has tugged @ my heart each time I have listened to the boys prayers for her. Seeing the looks in their eyes with her now is truly priceless. God is going to do big things with these kids.

Abuelita (Grandma) arrived last night. It is such a blessing that she is able to share in this journey in Colombia with us.

I really thought I would do a better job of posting during our stay here, but writing is just not one of my gifts. I hope that my lack of posting doesn't take away from how very special this journey has been to us, and how truly blessed we are. In all of this, I want to make sure it is known that we are here for God' Glory. It is because of His Grace that we are even able to be here, and it is truly for his Glory that we follow His plan for us.

Ephesians 1:5-6 He predestined us to be adopted through Jesus Christ for Himself, according to His favor and will, to the praise of His glorious grace that He favored us with in the Beloved.

No comments: