Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Meet Lordes :0)


This is Lordes. She will be joining our family during the upcoming school year, as a Foreign Exchange Student. She lives in/near Cadiz, Spain. She will be here from about Mid-to-late July, and stay until school is out the following May. She will be a Sophomore. I am excited about this opportunity for our family, and for her. We got official word yesterday, and I have emailed her to say hello. I am anxiously awaiting an email back. Please pray for this to be a wonderful journey for us all :0)

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

YAY!!!! How very exciting is this!!!!!!! Will start praying now for a smooth adjustment period!

And how very cool....you could be fluent in Spanish by this time next year with a native speaker in your household! COOL!!!!! Does she speak English???? Boy, that'll make it real interesting if she doesn't.

We're working on our French....but it's harder from a CD than a real, live person. ;)

Kelly said...

Lordes speaks pretty good English. She scored an 8 out of 10 on the language test. I am hoping to learn from her. I specifically asked for a girl from a Spanish speaking country. I will blog more details soon :0)

Kelly said...

p.s. when I said I am hoping to learn from her (in the above comment) I meant learn Spanish :0)

Tiffany said...

WAY fun! I am so excited for you!