Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Foreign Exchange Student

Does anyone have any experience, or opinion on hosting a foreign exchange student? We are praying about this for the upcoming school year. I contacted the coordinator for the program yesterday, and she has already sent me a student profile. She of course told me all the wonderful things about the program, and I really think it would be a neat opportunity.

We have been praying about adding to our family, and the boys really think they want a sister. I thought this would be a nice way to see how things would be w/another person in the house. Among a few other changes, the boys would have to share a room.

I also would love to learn to speak Spanish. I asked for a Spanish speaking girl. The profile she sent me is a girl from Spain. She has two younger brothers. Either she would feel right at home w/Coy & Seth, or cheated out of getting away from the boys :0)

I would love to hear from anyone who has had any experience w/a foreign exchange student-- good or bad.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Briana is friends with the exchange student at her school (Lancaster). I am sure she would talk to you and tell you about her experience. She is a very sweet girl. She is from Korea (I think). Just let me know and I will have Briana ask her.

Mandi said...

That is so cool. I will get Briana to talk to her friend and I will let you know. Good luck, you will do great.