Wednesday, January 6, 2010

When I Grow Sad & Weary God Fills My Empty Tank

Have I ever told you how hard it is to wait? If I've said it once. . .

Waiting is hard!

I try my best to wait well. Waiting on God's most precious timing, knowing how perfect it is. I have my days, though. Days when much time has passed w/no adoption information & every single person I come into contact w/asking me if we have heard anything. Mostly I am thankful that people are asking & thinking about GloriaGrace. It is wonderful to hear people tell us they are praying for her, & I love love love to hear her name spoken. Sometimes, though it brings up discouraging thoughts. Often people say things like "I just don't understand why it takes so long." Well believe me...I don't understand either. Which leads me to moments of feeling sad & worn out, but then my sweet Father fills me right back up.

Like when I read today's devotional from Jesus Calling:

I am able to do far beyond all that you ask or imagine. Come to Me with positive expectations, knowing that there is no limit to what I can accomplish. Ask My Spirit to control your mind, so that you can think great thoughts of Me. Do Not be discouraged by the fact that many of your prayers are yet unanswered. Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon Me, to trust Me in the dark. The more extreme your circumstances, the more likely you are to see My Power & Glory at work in the situation. Instead of letting difficulties draw you into worrying, try to view them as setting the scene for My glorious intervention. Keep your eyes & your mind wide open to all that I am doing in your life.


Ephesians 3:20-21; Romans 8:6; Isaiah 40:30-31
I laugh & think how could I ever have a moment of doubt. (Well I kind of know why-I AM A GIRL :) Yes I am a girl with girly emotions, but I am also a believer. I have faith, and I have a Father that takes care of my each & every need. Physical & Emotional. He will sustain us through all time & in His truly perfect time He will allow us to meet & bring GloriaGrace home.

No comments: