Thursday, November 5, 2009

We'd Love a Referral in November--It Is National Adoption Month =)

I love talking about our adoption journey. I'm happy to share how God has called us to adopt. November is National Adoption Month, but even if it wasn't I'd still be telling our story.

I love how God has put this love in my heart for a little girl that I don't even know anything about. I don't know how old she is, what she looks like, where she is exactly (maybe she is @ Chiquitines, but maybe she's not there yet). She may not even be born yet, but still I love her.

I love hearing the boys pray for their little sister. There isn't much that is sweeter, if you ask this momma =)

There are so many things that are hard to explain to people, when I'm trying to share our story. I have learned though, that some people just don't get "it." Countless times I have been asked why we are going to Colombia, and why we are not adopting here @ "home." Really people just don't get "it." I am thankful that God has made it clear to us, that our daughter is in Colombia.

Now, I just have to be patient & wait for the details of the rest of our journey. We know that we will not be traveling in 2009, because the courts in Colombia close Dec. 15th to Jan. 15th. There is still a possibility that we will get our referral this year & then we would travel when the courts opened in January. This is our prayer.

Have I ever told ya'll how hard waiting is? =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just copy and paste this blog for my blog??? It's exactly what we're feeling and experiencing with peoples' reactions. I still listen to the music on your blog OFTEN and sing the waiting song over and over. I can't wait to share pictures with you of our Colombiana princessses.